t is Open Day at Harry Point Lighthouse and Lottie is excited to explore the lighthouse and find out how it saves ships and lives. A tall tower with a light at the top, lighthouses warn ships of dangerous areas and help sailors find out where they are, especially at night. Lottie learns about the job of the lighthouse keeper; the brave men and women whose task it was to look after the light and make sure it could be seen clearly at all times.
Lottie wears a nautical blazer, a beret with red bow trim, a blue and white striped Breton top with removable anchor design patch, a blue corduroy skirt, tights, navy Mary Jane shoes, an anchor-themed white corduroy bag and a red, spotty scarf.
- Lottie is wholesome doll alternative for children aged 3-9; she is 7.5 inches (18cm) tall, so is very portable and easy for little hands to carry around.
- The key point of difference is that Lottie has a ‘childlike’ body – she doesn’t wear makeup, jewellery or high heels and she can stand on her own two feet (always a useful life skill for all girls, big and small).
- She’s all about letting girls be girls, doing all the activities a child would do, not growing up too quickly, and presenting a healthy view on body image.
- Lottie’s clothing is composed of tactile fabrics with lots of attention to detail, easy to dress and undress, with velcro fastenings.
- Her hair is lovely and soft; it doesn’t tangle and knot like other doll hair.
- Lottie has bendable knees with ball socket hips and arms; her head can move side to side and she can do the splits front to back and side to side.
- Lottie is presented in a giftable, illustrated and collectible ‘doll box bag’, with minimal plastic packaging.
- Launched in August 2012, she has won 12 international awards, including 3 Oppenheim Portfolio Platinum Awards.
- Recommended Age: 3 Years +
You can write your review after purchasing this product.